Forum

[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” _builder_version=”3.0.48″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” _builder_version=”3.0.74″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]

Pre (Final) Signing...

Notifications
Clear all

Pre (Final) Signing Day Recruiting Rankings (per 247.com)

14 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
TimCG
(@timcg)
Topic starter  

1. Clemson

2. Florida State

3. NC State

4. Virginia Tech

5. Miami

6. Virginia

7. UNC

8. Duke

9. Wake Forest

10. Pitt

11. Georgia Tech

12. BC

13. Syracuse

14. Louisville ( 5 commits)

Virginia with a huge improvement to their recruiting year over year. BC continues to stay in the recruiting basement. No momentum from Syracuse on the recruiting trail after a great season (yet), should be a lagging indicator.

Thoughts? 

itscoachiola
(@admin)
Active Member Admin

All true statements. Louisville has some work to do. I believe they only have 14 scholarships they can offer this year, but with only 5 committed so far that has to be a concern for the Satterfield staff. On the flip side, Mack Brown is doing Mack Brown things. UNC went from 13th in recruiting before he arrived up to 7th. I expect UNC to continue moving up the board after National Signing Day.

ReplyQuote
Texashokie20
(@texashokie20)

Be interesting to see how Miami can pull themselves out of a hole now with Diaz as they are typically top 5-10 nationally

ReplyQuote
Texashokie20
(@texashokie20)

Also I really like some of the players VT has in the 19 class but overall rankings show they are regressing some. I think we get desperate late and add some bodies and hope they pan out.  It’s not good enough 

ReplyQuote
itscoachiola
(@admin)
Active Member Admin

Diaz fired the entire offensive coaching staff today so I think that will probably help? 

ReplyQuote
Texashokie20
(@texashokie20)

Yeah that’s insane but he knows the dirty laundry

ReplyQuote
TimCG
(@timcg)
Topic starter  
Posted by: itscoachiola

Diaz fired the entire offensive coaching staff today so I think that will probably help? 

He's going to hire Larry Fedora as OC, and it will be a genius move.

ReplyQuote
TimCG
(@timcg)
Topic starter  
Posted by: Texashokie20

Also I really like some of the players VT has in the 19 class but overall rankings show they are regressing some. I think we get desperate late and add some bodies and hope they pan out.  It’s not good enough 

I think the biggest issue VT has is the inability to recruit positions consistently. Fuente seems to hit some positions hard while completely neglecting others. It really hurt our depth this year.

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@dwalt88)

So.... lay off the WRs for the next year or two?? 

Completely agree.  Hopefully we can patch a defensive front together for 2019. 

ReplyQuote
Texashokie20
(@texashokie20)

Posted by: Daniel

And safeties that then we have to figure out how to make corners 

ReplyQuote
itscoachiola
(@admin)
Active Member Admin

At least the cornerbacks are super great. No issues there...

ReplyQuote
TimCG
(@timcg)
Topic starter  
Posted by: Texashokie20
Posted by: Daniel

And safeties that then we have to figure out how to make corners 

It's funny because you can see it coming.

ReplyQuote
TimCG
(@timcg)
Topic starter  
Posted by: itscoachiola

At least the cornerbacks are super great. No issues there...

Image result for this is fine dog

ReplyQuote
itscoachiola
(@admin)
Active Member Admin

I could definitely see Fedora at Miami - that would add an even more interesting dynamic to the whole Diaz-Brown situation between Miami and UNC. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”Main Footer” _builder_version=”3.19.6″ background_color=”#b7b7b7″ background_image=”https://www.chowderandgrits.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Football-Field.jpg” background_blend=”multiply” custom_padding=”6%||6%||false|false” saved_tabs=”all” global_module=”588″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.19.6″][et_pb_column type=”1_3″ _builder_version=”3.19.6″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_image src=”https://www.chowderandgrits.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/CG-Final-transparent.png” _builder_version=”3.19.6″ max_width=”59%” custom_margin=”-30px||” filter_saturate=”120%” filter_brightness=”96%” filter_contrast=”173%” mix_blend_mode=”multiply”][/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″ _builder_version=”3.19.6″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.19.6″ text_font=”|||on|||||” text_text_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0)” text_font_size=”17px” text_line_height=”1.5em” text_text_shadow_style=”preset1″ link_font=”||||||||” link_text_color=”#ffffff” header_font=”||||||||” header_text_color=”#ffffff” header_font_size=”68px” header_3_font=”|800|||||||” header_3_text_color=”#00A09D” header_3_font_size=”28px” header_3_letter_spacing=”2px” header_3_line_height=”1.3em”]

Subscribe

Apple Podcasts

Google Play Store

Spotify

TuneIn Radio

Stitcher

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″ _builder_version=”3.19.6″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.19.6″ text_font=”|||on|||||” text_text_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0)” text_font_size=”17px” text_line_height=”1.5em” text_text_shadow_style=”preset1″ link_font=”||||||||” link_text_color=”#ffffff” header_font=”||||||||” header_text_color=”#ffffff” header_font_size=”68px” header_3_font=”|800|||||||” header_3_text_color=”#00A09D” header_3_font_size=”28px” header_3_letter_spacing=”2px” header_3_line_height=”1.3em”]

Follow Us

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]